Afternoon Tea at the Ritz

shyvas

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Other
The Palm Court remains a pivotal social point as the venue for the famed Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, an institution in itself and the quintessential British experience. The menu offers guests a selection of 17 loose leaf teas, cut finger sandwiches with traditional fillings, a daily selection of tea cakes and pastries as well as warm baked scones with strawberry preserve and rich, delectable Devonshire clotted cream.

Afternoon Tea is theatrical: the glamorous setting of The Palm Court filled with chattering guests, immaculately presented waiters flitting amongst the tables that are topped with pretty chinaware and gleaming silver tea services, and the resident pianist playing the soundtrack to accompany it all.

http://www.theritzlondon.com/tea.html

http://www.theritzlondon.com/tea-menus.html

A colleague at work went here recently as a birthday treat. It looked so posh, I would have been scared I'd smash the teacups.

I was planning to go to the Ritz for afternoon tea a few years ago. I couldn't make it so instead had tea at a very
nice hotel in Marlow. There was a log fire and the chef made freshly baked scones served with a selection of jams. Fingers sandwiches and small tea cakes very put on a multi tier cake stand. The tea was loose leaf served in a pot with a jug of milk. All very British and so delightful.

Some other forummers on another board , have been to the Ritz for tea and say that it was a once in a lifetime experience.

tea 2.JPG
I had another photo with the assortiment of finger sandwiches and scones on a case stand. However I didn't want to offend
anyone as they were not vegetarian.

OMG I want to go! :cry: It all seems SO delightful. :D

We went to the Danesfield which is a very old hotel in the countryside near Marlow. It was terribly cold ( the following day Gatwick was closed due to heavy snow storms) and we had the most gorgeous afternoon tea.

All was served using the finest china and the cakes and sandwiches were all freshly baked and a real treat.
It really was a unique experience that I will remember for a long time.

http://www.danesfieldhouse.co.uk/dining/afternoon-tea

I would so love to go to afternoon tea! Those pics are beautiful.

You really must experience this unique food experience.
I would so love to go to afternoon tea! Those pics are beautiful.

I would love to have Christmas tea at the Ritz.

image.axd

DSCN7490.JPG

gingerbread-man.jpg

Reactions: KLS52
I love afternoon tea - it's something my mum and I do as a treat, usually as part of a spa day or shopping trip. Haven't had one since going vegan, although there's a vegetarian bistro here that advertises a vegan-friendly afternoon tea. Need to try that out at some point :)

Reactions: KLS52
I love afternoon tea - it's something my mum and I do as a treat, usually as part of a spa day or shopping trip. Haven't had one since going vegan, although there's a vegetarian bistro here that advertises a vegan-friendly afternoon tea. Need to try that out at some point :)
You should definitely go then come back here and tell us all about it!

:)
Don't think I can afford it so close to Christmas! But definitely next year :)

I would imagine that it is too late to book Christimas tea at the Ritz. You need to do so about 4 - 6 months ahead.
For their afternoon tea, it is usually 2 months ahead. It is one of the most popular places in London for tea.

However, apparently there are other nice places in London that do tea. I must look them up on another forum as there was a discussion on this topic last year.