After D.C. shooting, fingers point over blame

U

uno

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/dc-shooting-blame/index.html?hpt=us_c1

(CNN) -- Accusations of blame abounded Thursday, a day after a 28-year-old man who had volunteered for a center that serves gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people was taken into custody for allegedly shooting a building manager at the headquarters of a Christian conservative group.
"Let me be clear that Floyd Corkins was responsible for firing the shot yesterday," Family Research Council President Tony Perkins told reporters in Washington about the suspect. "But Corkins was given a license to shoot an unarmed man by organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center that have been reckless in labeling organizations hate groups because they disagree with them on public policy."
Perkins said the SPLC "should be held accountable for their reckless use of terminology that is leading to the intimidation and what the FBI here has categorized as an act of domestic terrorism."
Who is DC shooting suspect?

120816100533-tsr-pkg-endo-frc-shooting-victim-interview-00002304-story-body.jpg
FRC shooting victim: Instincts took over

120816111325-exp-eb-frc-shooting-politics-00002001-story-body.jpg
Blame game grows in FRC shooting

120816104357-exp-early-brown-frc-shooting-00002001-story-body.jpg
NOM rep: Hate talk totally unacceptable

120815112157-evexp-endo-frc-gunman-identified-00003313-story-body.jpg
Suspected gunman ID'd at FRC headquarters
Prosecutors said they are still investigating the motive behind the shooting, and the motive could determine whether Corkins is charged with domestic terrorism or hate crimes.
In a statement, the Southern Poverty Law Center described as "outrageous" the suggestion that it had contributed to the attack.

Read entire article here:
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/16/us/dc-shooting-blame/index.html?hpt=us_c1

i wonder if the SPLC also looks closely at other groups such as The Nation of Islam, FLDS and other non conventional groups that could be flagged as promoting hate.

i see that they do. that's good.

I don't have much respect for SPLC since they jumped on the animal rights "terrorism" bandwagon. They're absolutely conventional lefty-liberals.

I don't have much respect for SPLC since they jumped on the animal rights "terrorism" bandwagon. They're absolutely conventional lefty-liberals.
well, according to them, they go after hate groups and 'other ' extremist groups. a prettty broad term. i suppose if they feel that an AR group has the possibility of helping to promote violence, then they'll be on the list. the 'other ' designation is not good and can include really any groups who feel that freeing others is needed.

When I was a heavy conserative about 5 years ago, I had recieved trash newsletters from these people the shooting was at and after a few newsletters one attacking Obama and second telling their supporters that the Gay and Lesbians are teaching 5 year olds or around that age or forcing them to learn very explicate stuff in their classrooms, I then told them to stop sending me newsletters because they are basing their info on hate and fear, I believe this shooting happened because someone was feed up with their stances and I had a feeling someday something will happen. I think AFA.net needs to watch out and Focus on the family also because , people are angry at them. As a Christian I am shocked to see so much Judgemental creeps out there that won't show mercy and Grace and Love and support to people that wants to be loved. This is very dangerous times we live in also.

When I was a heavy conserative about 5 years ago, I had recieved trash newsletters from these people the shooting was at and after a few newsletters one attacking Obama and second telling their supporters that the Gay and Lesbians are teaching 5 year olds or around that age or forcing them to learn very explicate stuff in their classrooms, I then told them to stop sending me newsletters because they are basing their info on hate and fear, I believe this shooting happened because someone was feed up with their stances and I had a feeling someday something will happen. I think AFA.net needs to watch out and Focus on the family also because , people are angry at them. As a Christian I am shocked to see so much Judgemental creeps out there that won't show mercy and Grace and Love and support to people that wants to be loved. This is very dangerous times we live in also.

yeah, a shocking example of a left wing person showing violence when it's usually a right winger. not shocking and will probably increase in frequency.