Affordable shoes, belts, mens clothing

Sproutskies

Forum Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Seeing a lot of posts recommending different shoes, clothes items, ... Still in search for an affordable mens shoe under $100 (casual or athletic).

Any favorite brands for guys shoes or clothes?

Last edited:
A lot of it comes down to taste and how much you are willing to spend.

I just got some new runners from Brooks, Ghost 13. I got a particular good deal - $85. but they can be found easily for just over 100. They are not 100% vegan in that they don't make an effort to buy non-animal based glues. but then most of the shoe companies - even New Balance don't guarantee their glues are vegan.

This thread is chock full of good options

For other kind of shoes I would take a good look at New Balance. although they are expensive they are maybe the most ethically sources shoes. their shoes are made in America by union workers. as opposed to almost every other shoe company making their shoes in Vietnam or China, and probably by underpaid teenage girls.

When I first became vegan New Balance and Doc Martens were the only choices for shoes. Doc Martens are so darn ugly - but they only use yellow stitching in their vegan shoes - so its kind of like wearing a secret badge or something. I made some new friends at functions by looking for Docs.

Anyway this is a good resource for dress shoes.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sproutskies
A lot of it comes down to taste and how much you are willing to spend.

I just got some new runners from Brooks, Ghost 13. I got a particular good deal - $85. but they can be found easily for just over 100. They are not 100% vegan in that they don't make an effort to buy non-animal based glues. but then most of the shoe companies - even New Balance don't guarantee their glues are vegan.

This thread is chock full of good options

For other kind of shoes I would take a good look at New Balance. although they are expensive they are maybe the most ethically sources shoes. their shoes are made in America by union workers. as opposed to almost every other shoe company making their shoes in Vietnam or China, and probably by underpaid teenage girls.

When I first became vegan New Balance and Doc Martens were the only choices for shoes. Doc Martens are so darn ugly - but they only use yellow stitching in their vegan shoes - so its kind of like wearing a secret badge or something. I made some new friends at functions by looking for Docs.

Anyway this is a good resource for dress shoes.

This is a good direction. Still slightly above my price point for most of the brands in Vegan Shoes thread. I really like the simple slip-on outdoor shoes that I used to buy for $60 (Merrell Men's Jungle Moc Slip-On Shoe just increased the price to $70) and would last for a couple of years. These are definitely not ethical to buy. Guess that any vegan shoe would need to have a higher markup to be able to justify the return. The hypersoft sneakers for $50 are not that great of an investment because they break down really fast.

on the one I was looking at it said "synthetic leather".
um. actually it says that for all of them.
4A3B050B-76E1-4C87-82D5-68B8F32B9107.png
Oh maybe a condensed description on mobile app where in details it just says Outer Material leather and then scrolling down it does say synthetic leather.

Last edited:
Hi!

How about TOMS range of vegan shoes? Vegan men. Interestingly I noticed if I look from US I can't see that page..

Also skechers has reasonably affordable vegan shoes. Skechers has a vegan lable for those shoes that are vegan. But they don't have a vegan filter so you have to browse a bit. Skechers Delson Camben is vegan.

I went through this list I keep up Affordable Vegan Shoes: Brands For Shopping On A Budget (2021) and must say I have to do more research to find options that would fit that criteria. Few companies that come to mind are call it spring and native shoes.

Reactions: Sproutskies and Lou
Went with a pair of Sanuk hemp slip-ons for $38 and change. Overall comfy and a good in-between until I find a more durable shoe.

Reactions: Lou
Sanuk is actually quite a good choice! at least they are very affordable.

why are vegan shoes so expensive any way?, most brands are at least above $100 dollars. it seems most vegan clothing is expensive as well. at least in my experience:)

why are vegan shoes so expensive any way?, most brands are at least above $100 dollars. it seems most vegan clothing is expensive as well. at least in my experience:)
Payless Shoe stores have very inexpensive vegan shoes.

Most clothing IS vegan, except for clothing with leather, fur, wool, or silk.

A lot of it has to do with Economics of Scale. Shoes are cheaper when you make a million of them instead of just a hundred. Some also has to do with the extra attention to supplies. With shoes I think it has to do with who is making the glue.

A lot of it has to do with Economics of Scale. Shoes are cheaper when you make a million of them instead of just a hundred. Some also has to do with the extra attention to supplies. With shoes I think it has to do with who is making the glue.
oh I see. so over time as more demand increases for cruelty free shoes, prices should gradually go down. vegan shoes are a niche market so that does make sense👍

Reactions: Lou
In addition to economies of scale vegan shoe companies tend to be ethical in many other ways too, pay higher salaries, source materials tend to be more expensive.. Many choose to manufacture in EU etc

I'm on Medicare and have foot problems. I was evaluated by a podiatrist and fitted for free orthopedic shoes. Unfortunately, because they were all made from leather, I rejected them. The podiatrist and his staff looked at me like I had two heads, but I don't care. I'll spring for vegan shoes when our premiums go up next year.