Acne

Lexxxxx

Newcomer
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan newbie
I've never been one to get acne and I only get a few spots before my period .but since I've gone vegan I have had crazy acne. I've never had this much acne in my life
I have a face routine morning and night, I use spot creams, I wipe off makeup before bed, I don't even wear makeup on spots and I shower everyday. I just don't know what could be causing this and I don't want to go to the doctor's to get prescribed some heavy duty cream - doing more harm then good... So...
Just wondering if there are any tips out there and what may be the cause of this.

try to lower your vegetable oil intake.

studies that have been conducted to look at the effect of a low-glycemic diet on acne suggest that a low-glycemic diet may be helpful

HOWEVER: To prevent acne by dietary manipulation may not be possible, but there are scientifically plausible reasons to believe that nutrition can affect acne. To date, the research does not prove that diet causes acne but rather influences it to some degree which is still difficult to quantify.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2836431/

Reactions: Lexxxxx and Lou
Its unlikely the vegan diet causes acne. Like Maverick said, diet may not play a large role in acne.
Not that any medical studies have shown this but anecdotal evidence and testimonies seem to link dairy with acne.

About the only thing that has been medically linked to acne is hormones. The other good advice I've heard is keep your hair clean, off your face and try not to touch your face during the day (dirty hands). Stress may also have an effect on acne.

this is a total wild *** guess. But since a vegan diet does change your gut's flora, and it is known that your gut's flora pumped out various chemicals into your bloodstream. Well, maybe it's just something you will have to get used to.

If you've recently changed your diet, *and* are under a lot of stress, that can cause a variety of issues that might be reflected in your skin.

My son only finally decided to give up dairy because it will almost immediately cause him to have break out.

Reactions: Lexxxxx
....Also - I can honestly say that I have not had a breakout since I eliminated the *oil* and 99.99% of all processed foods (including alcohol). If I "cheat" and have something vegan but crappy, it will happen (will also trigger cold sores for me).

Acne is a natural affliction that happens for some and is an unpleasant experience. Acne is a skin condition that occurs when the oil glands make too much oil and pores in the skin become blocked. As a result, blackheads and whiteheads form and are tough to hide and contend with.
This Oil is very light, rapidly absorbed and helps to enhance the strong, healthy & fair complexion. Most massage therapists use this oil as a base oil for massage to nourish, revive & promote healthy skin.