Nutrition & Diet absolutely no grains for me

ronbn49

Newcomer
Banned
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Raw vegan
It has been my experience and my research that all grains are bad for the body including and especially wheat. I avoid wheat corn rye millet oats and any other grains mainly because of the blood sugar spike and the creation of insulin resistance which is epidemic and the root cause of much disease and creation of the fat body. I however do use and highly recommend seeds. But that is just me and if anyone can tell me I am wrong I think I can prove otherwise. Just my thoughts and my opinion. Some people think that because it comes from the ground it is good, not true.

Grains are not bad.

I'm going to tell you that you are wrong. I don't know how you can prove that grains are bad. Nutrition is not that hard of a science. But I'm pretty sure I can find more scientific and medical articles that support grains are not bad than you can find articles or studies that show grains are bad.

I'm not saying grains are essential. but I don't believe that they are bad. *

In my corner I'm going to have Dr. Furhman, Dr. Gregar, Dr. McDougall, Dr Esselstyn, and Dr. Barnard. All of whom recommend one to three servings of grains per day.

I can also rely on the findings in the China Study, the Eat-Lancet Commission, 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, The Okinawa Study, and the Adventist study. Although none of those studies will say that grains are good. None of them say they are bad.

Your concern with insulin, blood sugar, and fat bodies may be that you are grouping processed grains with whole grains. Whole grains have been shown to reduce insulin, blood sugar, and fat storage. Processed grains do get digested very fast and do cause blood sugar increases.

*Although I once read a book whose thesis was that all that is evil in the world derived from wheat.

Reactions: Emma JC
Whole grains for me! The whole-er, the better!

Now of course there are those who mush avoid grains, as other type of food, can cause bad reactions, but hardly a common malaise.
What's always struck me is that even sites that tout 'grain free' do most talking about processed grains, and flours, not the whole food varieties

What bugs me is this whole gluten free thing. Like gluten is bad. Well, yeah if you have Celiac's disease or a gluten intolerance. but that is just a small group of people. Its not bad for everyone. and then the food companies capitalize on the confusion by touting "Gluten Free!" on their labels.

Potatoe chips are gluten free. Ice cream is gluten free. Butter is gluten free. Doesn't make them healthy

I don't understand the grain issue. The Blue Zones have grain eaters, and they are all long lived and healthy. Animal fat and fried foods are probably the major cause for insulin resistance.

I'm not willing to remove all fat from my diet, but I work to reduce my oil intake.

It has been my experience and my research that all grains are bad for the body including and especially wheat. I avoid wheat corn rye millet oats and any other grains mainly because of the blood sugar spike and the creation of insulin resistance which is epidemic and the root cause of much disease and creation of the fat body.
The American Diabetes Association specifically recommends eating whole grains: Diabetes Superfoods | ADA