A suggestion: Product Reviews/Recommendations section

Rosie1

I don't know what to put here.
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to call it but I'd really like to have a section where we can post to ask about product recommendations.

I wanted to started a thread yesterday to ask about favorite/cheap vegan shampoos and conditioners. I had asked Pickle Juice about where the best place might be to post the thread and we figured either under the Vegan section or under the country section.

I am still thinking that a separate Product Recommendation section would be good, though, to kind of corral those types of threads together.

Just an idea! :pinkelephant:

Reactions: Pickle Juice
Recommendations will often be country-specific or even area-specific. I don't know about other non-USers, but it can get a little frustrating when posters assume everyone else is in the US and posts without mentioning countries. I'm not against having this forum, but personally I wouldn't read it and if I wanted recommendations, I would post them in the UK forum.

^^ Here's an idea (and I dunno if it would work):

You know how in the Recipes section, if you start a thread you're able to pick from a drop-down box if it's vegan or vegetarian, etc.? Would that be possible for when people make a thread in Product Recommendations? The drop-down could be country-specific.

^^ Here's an idea (and I dunno if it would work):

You know how in the Recipes section, if you start a thread you're able to pick from a drop-down box if it's vegan or vegetarian, etc.? Would that be possible for when people make a thread in Product Recommendations? The drop-down could be country-specific.

That's not a bad idea.

I think it's a good idea Mel, if you want to try it. If it doesn't get a lot of action it can always be deleted later. As mentioned before we really don't have a clear-cut place for threads like this.

How about a Product Recommendation Sub-forum in each of the 4 Globetrotting forums? That could work?

Or would people rather have the snazzy prefixes to choose from? :p

Oh,, I don't know! Whatever you guys think would work best. I wonder if some product threads would even be country-specific, so maybe one prefix could be "Everywhere" or something. haha

Recommendations will often be country-specific or even area-specific. I don't know about other non-USers, but it can get a little frustrating when posters assume everyone else is in the US and posts without mentioning countries. I'm not against having this forum, but personally I wouldn't read it and if I wanted recommendations, I would post them in the UK forum.

This. I dont see why we cant just make threads within the Globtrotting section.

For now, if you'd like to just use the Globetrotting section, that's fine with me. Maybe we can have a Reviews subforum within each area (one in UK & Eire, one in the US, one in Oz etc).

I'd love a forum for reviews for vegan products, cookbooks , and restaurants. There's quite a few new vegan products recently introduced that I am interested in , but would like to read some reviews on before I purchase.

Exactly. I dont see the need for more sub sections...just make a new thread in your desired location, like we have in the UK sub, we have product and restuarant recommendations/reviews..Its really not that hard:hmm:

I think the idea of sub-sections in the globtrotting section is a good one, I love the product and resturaunt reveiw threads in the UK forum - they're exactly the kind of thing I am interested in and ones with lots of US recommendations are just meaningless to me, however personally I also feel like this board already has too many sections for the amount of posters - hopefully we will grow into it, but in my opinion making more will make it look sparse.

Yeah, I want to start a thread on hair dye...animal friendly ones and maybe a "henna, how to" thread and I don't where to put it. I looked at the US section but then I'm limited to Northeast which I'd rather not do.

Reactions: thefadedone