A racist indian

rainforests1

Forum Legend
Reaction score
The second biggest victims of genocide behind the cathars. Even today they continue to suffer in a civilization that many of them were forced into. Governments, media, and the vast majority of citizens look the other way. Is it more acceptable for Indians to be racist compared to other groups?

Reactions: Blksupervegan
Are you referring to people from India, or the indigenous peoples of the United States?

Last edited:
Reactions: ledboots
Rainforests, if you took a bit of time to formulate a clear, consistent thought before you share it with us, I guess many more people would understand your posts.

I normally consider your posts as some kind of riddle, with the challenge being to figure out what you want to say.
I sometimes succeed to decypher your message, but often not.

But, to answer your question, no, I do not think it is acceptable (or "more" acceptable) for anybody to be racist. Regardless whether they are Native American, Indian Indian, Jewish, Palestinian or any other group.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Last edited:
Reactions: KLS52
My comment about the second biggest victims of genocide should give it away that I was referring to Native Americans. Many believe they came from Asia, so I don't like using the term Native American very much.

What Spang said, and how were they racist?
Christopher Columbus and the US Government and military were some of them responsible for the many genocides. Just as brutal as any of the people modern societies constantly criticize. They're rarely criticized by anyone today. If there is any group that has a right to be bitter towards humanity, Indians do. I'm not saying any indian is racist, but the question is whether they have more of a right to be racist than other groups.

I'm not sure how the term "Indian" is any more apropos than "Native American" - less so, since it stems from the mistaken belief that Columbus had circled the globe and landed in India.

By your way of thinking, no one is actually native to any area, except potentially northern Africa.

Rainforests1, I also did not understand your post initially. Thank you for clarifying.

My answer is very politically-incorrect: some indigenous American peoples were racist. Or perhaps I should just say "very warlike"- they're not the same thing. As I understand it, the Americas were already populated by a large number of individual cultures when Europeans first made contact with them (I cannot say that Columbus, or any other Europeans, "discovered" the Americas, as the folks who first crossed the Bering land bridge from Asia beat the Europeans to it for I-don't-know-how-many millenia.)

Anyway, I don't think the question can be answered simply. I don't know enough about indigenous peoples of this area to answer it at all.

Racism is power plus prejudice. The indigenous peoples of the United States lack any kind of power to be truly racist.

Is it OK for someone to hold racist views if they never have the opportunity to act on them? Well, the consequentialist view would be that it's fine. Other kinds of ethics would disagree. (Virtue ethics, deontological ethics, etc.) In practice though, it's very likely that someone living in a multi-racial society like the US would get a chance to act on their views, at least in some lesser way.

Last edited:
'power' depends on the situation. A black psychiatrist would have power over a patient, and may be prejudiced against a non-black patient.

I also think that if someone is brought up by people of another race, that they could be racist to their own race.

It's mainly just the cross-race effect.