Earth Sciences A 1/5th of Americans responsible for 50% of US's food-based emissions

How can that fifth be successfully transitioned to a more enviro-friendly diet, though? I'm assuming these are the most die-hard meat eaters who eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner all year round.

How can that fifth be successfully transitioned to a more enviro-friendly diet, though? I'm assuming these are the most die-hard meat eaters who eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner all year round.

Well we don't ask criminals what we think of breaking the law, and we no longer even ask smokers in some places what they think of being asked to smoke out of doors. There is always going to be a segment of the population (especially in the United States) who is basically a POS. I don't feel like being politically correct about this, especially after living with a roommate who was frequently un-masked and bringing company over and leaving messes in the kitchen. There is a significant group of American people who think their 2 year old or 14 year old childish want to do XYZ is more important than other people's lives, even if it's not extremely restrictive or for a prolonged period of time. 1/5 suggests to me that Kamala Harris being "a cop" isn't actually a problem.

I'm totally against the police killing or injuring people of color for being Black or Brown. However, I am realistic enough to know that 1/5 of my country's population are ******* assholes, and there's literally no other way to describe them that isn't a polite lie.

Pretty much all my friends are in that 1/5th...constantly grilling bratwurst and pork steaks, no idea how to cook a satisfying meal without meat. I wish I could bring a rescue pig down to our hang out spot.

Reactions: Sproutskies
Where I worked before the unit closed, on their menu they had a footprint symbol that they used by each meal. The more footprints, the more environmentally damaging the meal. I thought that was a really good idea because it makes customers more aware.

Reactions: Lou
However, I am realistic enough to know that 1/5 of my country's population are ******* assholes,

Wow. you are lucky.
;)
Here in the USA it's like 40%.
This number is totally arrived at by the approval rating of Trump. IMHO you can approve of Trump UNLESS you are a racist.