Earth Sciences A 1/5th of Americans are responsible for 50% of US's food-based emissions

Andy_T

Little green mod
Staff member
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Last edited:

Indian Summer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
How can that fifth be successfully transitioned to a more enviro-friendly diet, though? I'm assuming these are the most die-hard meat eaters who eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner all year round.

Forest Nymph

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
How can that fifth be successfully transitioned to a more enviro-friendly diet, though? I'm assuming these are the most die-hard meat eaters who eat meat for breakfast, lunch and dinner all year round.
Well we don't ask criminals what we think of breaking the law, and we no longer even ask smokers in some places what they think of being asked to smoke out of doors. There is always going to be a segment of the population (especially in the United States) who is basically a POS. I don't feel like being politically correct about this, especially after living with a roommate who was frequently un-masked and bringing company over and leaving messes in the kitchen. There is a significant group of American people who think their 2 year old or 14 year old childish want to do XYZ is more important than other people's lives, even if it's not extremely restrictive or for a prolonged period of time. 1/5 suggests to me that Kamala Harris being "a cop" isn't actually a problem.

I'm totally against the police killing or injuring people of color for being Black or Brown. However, I am realistic enough to know that 1/5 of my country's population are ******* assholes, and there's literally no other way to describe them that isn't a polite lie.

Sax

Practitioner
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Pretty much all my friends are in that 1/5th...constantly grilling bratwurst and pork steaks, no idea how to cook a satisfying meal without meat. I wish I could bring a rescue pig down to our hang out spot.

Brian1

Mad Bard
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
Where I worked before the unit closed, on their menu they had a footprint symbol that they used by each meal. The more footprints, the more environmentally damaging the meal. I thought that was a really good idea because it makes customers more aware.

• 👍
Reactions: Lou

Lou

Senior
Reaction score
Lifestyle
Vegan
However, I am realistic enough to know that 1/5 of my country's population are ******* assholes,
Wow. you are lucky.
;)
Here in the USA it's like 40%.
This number is totally arrived at by the approval rating of Trump. IMHO you can approve of Trump UNLESS you are a racist.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vegan Dogs Pet food animal consumption-5th largest/World! Animals 0
shyvas Bonfire Night - 5th November Festivities & Special Occasions 2
David3 U.S.: 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines for Americans General 0
Indian Summer US 6 percent of US Americans identify as vegans General 10
MadamSarcastra Inishturk Offers Asylum For Americans Fleeing Trump UK & Eire 9
Amy SF Encouraging Asian-Americans to care about animal rights and veg*anism Lounge 0
R US 20 million Americans left behind General Discussion 1
R News Underemployed Americans at 15.8% General Discussion 7
beancounter News GOP Congress' First Priority: Yanking Health Insurance From 1.5 Million Americans General Discussion 5
R TV & Film Millions of Americans abandoning cable Media & Entertainment 9
R US 1.4% of white Americans owned slaves General Discussion 102
Spang 18 percent of Americans polled want a pet dinosaur Animals In The News 3
Spang Americans aren't too fond of evolution General Discussion 42
beancounter One in 5 Americans have no religious affiliation General Discussion 3
M Question Are we responsible for deaths-Egg & dairy industries? Ask Us a Question! 12
E US Action Alert from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine Animals 0
wedigfood Working conditions of field migrant workers, who is responsible? General 24
Indian Summer Animal Rights Meat eaters responsible for animal cruelty in factory farming Animals 53