8 Sleep Myths

I Like this article and agree with most of it.

People are always trying to tell me I have to go to bed later and that it will help me to sleep later but it never works. I really believe my circadian rhythm is set for early to bed, early to rise…maybe I was a farmer in a past life, lol. I also find that I sleep better on days when I am able to nap during the day.

Reactions: ledboots
Thanks for posting this thread.

I never believed that a cool room is easier to sleep in. Warm temperatures knock me out for the night, but I think I'm weird that way.

Thanks for posting this thread.

I never believed that a cool room is easier to sleep in. Warm temperatures knock me out for the night, but I think I'm weird that way.
Me either. I like it around 70 degrees for sleep. When my sister visits, she likes the temp to be around 62. We usually compromise and set it at 66 or 67.

KLS, I'm the exact opposite of you. I'm such a night owl. I have to force myself to get to bed before midnight. It can be a challenge, but if I want to function well, I need about 7 hours of sleep (8 would be perfect!). I have been doing better with that of late, and I have been sleeping better, except for a couple of nights when I just couldn't fall asleep. It was really annoying because I was so tired. It passed, though, and now I'm back to getting about 7 hours a night.

Cool is an understatement. My ideal night's sleep is 40 below zero buried in like 12 blankets. The worst part of summer is that it's hot, and the worst part of winter is that all those normal people insist on turning on the heat.

I can get a good 7 to 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep if I go to bed somewhere between 4 am and 6 am.

Once in Korea, I slept for at least 16 hours. I was an augmentee attached to an airborne platoon that did a job I didn't know how to do. I also wasn't airborne. We were on a completely Korean military post. We lived in a tent and slept on cots. I was given a day off during the middle of the exercise, but there wasn't **** for me to do, so I slept.

The unit I was attached to was stationed in Korea, about a 40-minute drive from where we were. I was stationed in Hawaii, about 5 thousand miles away. They got per diem. I didn't.

Last edited: