8 Ridiculous Foods Made With Garlic

I know I'd like deep-fried garlic cloves. I've never had garlic in anything sweet, though. I usually don't care for something that tries to be sweet and savory or spicy at the same time- even things most people like.

Maybe I'll try a (vegan) garlic donut... once...

The deep fried garlic looks good, everything else not so much. I love garlic, but adding it to sweet stuff doesn't sound appetizing.

Has anybody had scape before? It's the top of the garlic plant. I bought pickled scape at the farmers market once, it's texture was similar to green beans (without the beans inside, obviously), with a very mild garlic flavor. I ate the whole jar. :p

Has anybody had scape before? It's the top of the garlic plant. I bought pickled scape at the farmers market once, it's texture was similar to green beans (without the beans inside, obviously), with a very mild garlic flavor. I ate the whole jar. :p

Scapes are huge here, so yeah, scapes everywhere in early summer. :yes: Garlic scape pesto is a big thing (scapes stand in for both the garlic and the basil, so if I then made it vegan it'd just be garlic scapes and pine nuts...) We sell them at the store and they are available from many vendors at the farmer's market. Pickled is my favorite way to eat them, cause they can be pretty tough and the pickling softens them nicely. Good in bloody marys and we've made 'tartar sauce' out of pickled scapes and veganaise. And I eat many jars of them! :D

I've never heard of scapes, or seen them at the local farmer's markets. I wonder if it's only popular in certain parts of the country.