7 Negative Effects of Refined Flour

OT - is your profile pic a photo of Elsa and Joy Adams?[/quote]

Yes it is !:yes:

There are quite a few in the 50 th anniversary edition of Joy's best seller Born Free.

There is something very special about this lion Elsa and her story. The bond between herself and Joy still lives on.Elsa & Joy.jpg

I read all three of the Free books when I was kid, and was completely enthralled.

Sorry for derailing your thread. :)

Reactions: shyvas
I read all three of the Free books when I was kid, and was completely enthralled.

Sorry for derailing your thread. :)

No worries mlp - on the contrary ! I always try and make sure that today's youngster's know of the huge bond that Joy & Elsa shared. It really is one of the greatest stories ever.

I also read the triology and still read it from time to time.
Have you seen the documentary film 'Elsa the Lioness' ? It has the most wonderful shots taken of her together with Joy and George togethr with the most breathtakingt scenes of Africa.

Last edited:
No, I haven't seen it - I should try to get my hands on it.

It's odd, isn't it, that both George and Joy ended up being murdered? Yet, what lives they led!

No, I haven't seen it - I should try to get my hands on it.

It's odd, isn't it, that both George and Joy ended up being murdered? Yet, what lives they led!

I don't know what country you live in but it is featured on Sky satelitte tv. It really is a wonderful film and I have it recorded on my planner.

You're right about how uncanny it was for both of them being murdered. They were no longer living together neither.
They both gave so much for the animal world and it was taken away from them by humans.

From what I have read and also heard from Virginia Mckenna's interviews, George was an exceptional human being.

Have you seen the video of him and Christian the lion ?