7 dead, including suspect, at Wisconsin Sikh Temple

das_nut

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Updated at 5:37 p.m. ET: A gunman opened fire Sunday morning at a Sikh temple outside of Milwaukee, killing six people and wounding at least three others, including a police officer, before being shot to death, authorities said.

The identity of the shooter was not released and his motive was unknown.

"We're treating this as a domestic terrorist-type incident," Oak Creek Police Chief John Edwards said at a late afternoon press conference. He did not elaborate.

- Full story.

Poor victims.

I'm sure this would have gotten a lot more news coverage if it was a Christian church.

How sad. Why can't people just get along?

Just awful : ( . Im afraid to watch the news these days.

Oh what a shock. Another mass shooting. Who could've predicted another mass shooting in the U.S.?

Better get more guns out there to make us all safer.

They are saying he was a white supremacist. And yes, it would not be unlikely that he assumed they were Muslims.

They are saying he was a white supremacist. And yes, it would not be unlikely that he assumed they were Muslims.
MLP, that would be saying he may have made a dire error in his choosing. out of ignorance, lumping people in together, etc. and i think that's wrong.

^ No ****. I seriously doubt MLP was implying it would be any better for gunning people down for being Muslim. MLP was saying this stupid redneck probably couldn't tell the difference. People I work with sure couldn't when the story came on tv. I had to explain to them what the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh was, and someone still said "All them towelheads look alike to me. If they'd stay outta our damn country they wouldn't get shot at." I seriously think some of you underestimate the rampant, prideful ignorance of certain areas of the "greatest nation on Earth."

Reactions: apple
^ No ****. I seriously doubt MLP was implying it would be any better for gunning people down for being Muslim. MLP was saying this stupid redneck probably couldn't tell the difference. People I work with sure couldn't when the story came on tv. I had to explain to them what the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh was, and someone still said "All them towelheads look alike to me. If they'd stay outta our damn country they wouldn't get shot at." I seriously think some of you underestimate the rampant, prideful ignorance of certain areas of the "greatest nation on Earth."

I think that that ignorance is not a good thing Josh.

I didn't know the difference between a Muslim and a Sikh until yesterday when this happened.

so, being a 2o year old white supremacist and ex-navy would be better?
No, it was really the fact he was in the military that caused the ugh. I just gave the age for interest's sake.

I think that age is relevant, in that one would expect a little more restraint from a 40 year old than from a 20 year old.

I knew the difference between a Sikh and a Muslim when I was a kid, growing up in this lily white area where a Catholic is an exotic phenomenon. There's a benefit to reading a lot, even reading a lot of fiction. But yeah, a lot of Americans just can't differentiate between "foreigners" of any kind. In the wake of 9/11, one of my colleagues who is as clearly Indian looking as one could possibly be, got harrassed a lot on the street for being an *Arab* (pronounced with a long initial "A" of course), and a couple of our secretaries were terrified of stepping into an elevator with anyone who had a foreign accent.