6 Months and counting

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on 6 months.

PS: Your post indicates health was a primary motivating factor. Don't ever let anyone say you're "plant based" or something other than vegan based on a motive that is self interested. If human/animal welfare, environment or any other reason becomes an additional reason to stay vegan, great. You're still vegan whatever the reason(s) provided you don't eat animal products. I suggest reading through people's posts prior to taking their advice, as there are several people on this forum claiming to be vegan but aren't - and these people will confuse you with double minded posts and/or flattery.
I love this. Thank you so much. I had actually been afraid to come out as a vegan seeing so much judgment on Instagram. Its very nice to read this. ❤

• Love
Reactions: Nekodaiden and Lou
I love this. Thank you so much. I had actually been afraid to come out as a vegan seeing so much judgment on Instagram. Its very nice to read this. ❤

Abstaining from eating animal products doesn't, unfortunately, stop the other ugly sides of human nature. There are also people in forums (not just on this theme) who work for corporations and push their agendas through doublemindedness, flattery etc. Veganism is a target on the simple fact that it is not something that can be monopolized like animal products are (but they can try through misdirection, changing the definition, flattery etc).

Basically Dee, if I hadn't been a vegan for most of my life I'd probably be dead by now. I had no idea until about two years ago that I had inherited coronary heart disease. I had a triple bypass operation last year and now I'm okay but if I hadn't been vegan I doubt I would have lasted as long as I have.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC