Dweller in nature
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
5 Questions: Former NBA star John Salley touts the vegan life

By Jessica P. Ogilvie
November 17, 2012

The vegan lifestyle and the lifestyle of professional athletes aren't often associated with each other. But John Salley, a former NBA star who's played with the Chicago Bulls and the Los Angeles Lakers, swears by the strictly animal- and animal-product-free diet he's taken up since retiring from the game.
Here, he talks about maintaining his energy and ability, the benefits of going vegan and misconceptions.

See it all here: http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-five-questions-salley-20121117,0,5148722.story

I'm always happy to see pro-vegan anything in an influential, mainstream newspaper such as the Los Angeles Times (however rarely they appear). This appeared in today's (Saturday 11/17/12) Health&Wellness section. It's not a big interview, but it's very positive and it might get readers interested in learning more about veganism. :D

Thanks for posting.

He was the main guest speaker at Farm Sanctuary Celebration FOR the Turkeys two years ago (last one I went to) and I really enjoyed his presentation.

Regarding the article, I especially liked his answer to the last question.

Nice read. I liked his answer about his playing days and how he'd still be playing had be gone vegan sooner :). Thanks for the link :).