20 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Banana

alyeva

Newcomer
Reaction score
Banana; when water is not limiting, growth is determined by temperature. Grown along the wetter, coastal fringe in Australia, the ocean’s warming influence allows bananas to be grown within subtropical climates – 20° to 30° south of the equator – although growth does slow significantly during winter. Bananas, mainly to be a tropical plant although in some micro-climate subtropical climate can be grown in the conditions.

What Is Banana?
Bananas have been called “the world’s most perfect fruit.” They’re high in potassium, low in fat, and a good source of vitamins and fiber. They’re also one of the few fruits available year round.

Today’s sweet yellow banana is a mutant strain of the plantain, a starchy red-green cooking banana that is boiled, fried, or ground for use in staple dishes worldwide. Bananas likely originated in Malaysia, though one of the first mentions dates to 327 B.C.E., when Alexander the Great discovered the fruit during his conquest of India.

A Spanish friar brought the first banana roots to the Western Hemisphere in 1516, and the fruit was officially introduced to the U.S. public at the 1876 Centennial Exhibition in Philadelphia, where each banana was wrapped in foil and sold for 10 cents. By the early twentieth century, bananas had become the most valuable fresh fruit in world trade, a position they held until the 1970s.

Nutritional Value of Banana
Bananas are an excellent source of potassium. Potassium can be found in a variety of fruits, vegetables, and even meats, however, a single banana provides you with 23% of the potassium that you need on a daily basis. Potassium benefits the muscles as it helps maintain their proper working and prevents muscle spasms. In addition, recent studies are showing that potassium can help to decrease blood pressure in individuals who are potassium deficient. Potassium also reduces the risk of stroke. Bananas are also an excellent source of vitamins, including:

1. Aids in healthy teeth, bones, soft tissue, and more.
  2. Aids the body’s immune system, promotes brain health, heart health, and more.
  3. Aids in healing, growth of tissue, ligaments, and more.
  4. Helps the body to absorb calcium.
Bananas provide you with many health benefits, but in addition to all of that, most people enjoy eating bananas as well. The can be eaten alone or combined with a fruit salad, added to jello, or made into a smoothie or a milkshake. They are one of the most affordable fruits in the marketplace and can be found year round nearly everywhere in the world!

Medicinal Properties of Banana
  • The fruit is used to heal the intestine lesions
  • It forms the part of diets of children suffering from malnutrition
  • The core of the stem is believed to be useful in stomach upset and diabetes
  • The extract of core of the stem is considered to be useful in dissolving the stones in the kidney and urinary bladder and reducing the weight. The inflorescence mixed with coconut oil and spices is used for flushing the urinary blocks.
  • The fruit has a mild laxative property
  • It is used as a remedy of constipation in children
  • It is believed to be helpful in curing diarrhea and dysentery
  • The fruit is believed to reduce the worm problems in the kids

Nutritional Properties of Banana:
  • Hundred grams of ripe Banana provides approx. 116 KCal energy that makes it a supplementary staple food.
  • Banana has relatively less proteins compared to cereals, absence of other protein rich foods in the diet can cause protein deficiency in people depending mostly on Banana as staple food.
  • Cooked or ripe Banana are easily digested
  • Banana is a fair source of Vitamin B and Calcium
  • Banana contains about 20% sugar.

For More: 20 Wonderful Health Benefits Of Banana

• Informative
Reactions: anarchist100
I have a banana after my muesli quite often (50% of the time). If it's not a banana, then it's an orange or other piece of fruit. I used to suffer from cramp quite a bit. This got really bad one Christmas when I was on holiday in the UK (a cold place in winter). My Spanish doctor, a nice man, was no help, so I started asking other people. Bananas and magnesium tablet were the most common responses, especially from German friends. I also think water intake and salt play a part. We have become so used to the low-salt mantra that some of us eat virtually no salt and that is not healthy.
It's the potassium in the banana that protects you against cramp.

Reactions: Second Summer