15 Easy Things You Can Do To Help When You Feel Like ****

Agreed. I especially like the one about writing a "done" list. Sometimes the to-do list gets ridiculously overwhelming. Accomplishing something, even something small, can get you going on to bigger things.

I like the list too- and there are a few things I hadn't thought of doing. I regularly do 5, and 8-12. I especially like to do 10 (exercise) at the gym in the weight room when I feel all wound-up, and sort of pretend I'm making like The Hulk even though my slender build will never be at all massive.

Reactions: PTree15
I really like the last one, about allowing yourself to have a shitty day. So often in an indirect way I hear the message "suck it up" or "pull yourself together" or "someone has it worse than you" and it is like they are saying my feelings don't matter or I am not important. I've spent a lifetime repressing anger and other feelings and if I don't just feel them and talk about them it becomes self destructive. It gets tiring always putting on a positive happy face.

I really like the last one, about allowing yourself to have a shitty day. So often in an indirect way I hear the message "suck it up" or "pull yourself together" or "someone has it worse than you" and it is like they are saying my feelings don't matter or I am not important. I've spent a lifetime repressing anger and other feelings and if I don't just feel them and talk about them it becomes self destructive. It gets tiring always putting on a positive happy face.

I also never say this to someone if they are feeling down. However, I do tell myself this when I'm feeling bad and it certainly does help.