13 Banned Foods Still Allowed in the US

Interesting. I didn't know olestra/olean was still being used in chips. I remember when they first started using it. I became all paranoid that it would be hidden in foods I bought. I don't know why the hell anyone would purposely buy something containing an ingredient that could possibly make you poop your pants !

Our whole food protection system and government is so messed up. The government should be in place to protect consumers not food processors and big business. But I guess consumers don't have the money/lobbying power that big food has. Government is compromising our health so the food industry can have more sales. :mad:

This is why I'm willing to spend more for natural foods and why I've spent the last 40 years or so scrutinizing food labels.

For sure. I do my best to avoid processed/convenience foods (anything with a label) as much as possible too, though it's difficult to completely forgo such things. Even then one must worry what is on one's fruits and veggies even if they are "organic". I think there is a misconception that just because something says organic it means it's safe.

Reactions: thefadedone