10lbs of Lettuce in One Sitting?! What I Eat In A Day

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
i share with you what i eat in a typical day as a raw vegan. plus you get to see me cram close to 10lbs of lettuce into my mouth! for a complete look at the nutritional breakdown of my day and more about my eating habits, check out: What I Eat in A Day As a Raw Vegan | Bite Size Vegan
i show you the calories for each meal as well as the overall protein, carbohydrate and fat ratios, iron and omega 3 levels, and more!

I admire your raw diet, BSV, though I don't think I could eat that much lettuce or fruit in one day without a serious stomachache :D

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
I find that it is not needed provided legumes are cooked properly. You have to be persistent with some of them.

I find that it is not needed provided legumes are cooked properly. You have to be persistent with some of them.
Indeed. I could eat legumes all day, but my body doesn't like more than three or four pieces of fruit a day. :)

I wish more things bothered my stomach. It would help me not over eat. All it ever seems to complain about is being empty...hahaha. [emoji12]

Reactions: PTree15
I wish more things bothered my stomach. It would help me not over eat. All it ever seems to complain about is being empty...hahaha. [emoji12]

Same here. I can eat tons and still feel ok. I was born with a hearty appetite and it looks like it's here to stay.:rolleyes:

Reactions: KLS52
Seems like a lot of roughage.
Yeah.....and no reason to believe its healthful.

After you're already consuming the recommended intake of vegetables (5~8 servings/day) adding more to your diet doesn't seem to have much impact on your diet. It would be interesting to see long-term studies on diets high in fruit/vegetables when compared to a balanced traditional vegetarian diet.

Yeah.....and no reason to believe its healthful.

After you're already consuming the recommended intake of vegetables (5~8 servings/day) adding more to your diet doesn't seem to have much impact on your diet. It would be interesting to see long-term studies on diets high in fruit/vegetables when compared to a balanced traditional vegetarian diet.

Check out The China Study and Forks Over Knives.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
Check out The China Study and Forks Over Knives.
I have read "The China Study" and it doesn't address what I mentioned. The China Study promotes a balanced plant-based diet, not a diet of just vegetables and fruit, and the China Study really doesn't look into traditional vegetarian diets (you'd want to do a study in India for that). If you're aware of a study that looks into the long-term impact of diets high in fruit/vegetables I'd be interested in seeing it, the research I've seen shows diminishing returns after you've consumed the recommended intake of fruits/vegetables. That is, once you're already consuming the recommended intake of fruits/vegetables there is little to no health benefit to consuming more and since whole grains, legumes, nuts,etc promote health in many ways avoiding these foods may leave you less healthy.

Holy crap! I ate a Subway salad today and felt like I was going to pop afterwards. Maybe it was full of GMO goodness that filled me up more than your lettuce? Geez, I don't know how you can eat that much fruits and veggies in a day...

Reactions: Scorpius