“Heaven is open to all creatures” Pope Francis

wedigfood

Forum Devotee
Reaction score
He also said, ““The vocation of being a ‘protector,’ however, is not just something involving us Christians alone; it also has a prior dimension which is simply human, involving everyone. It means protecting all creation, the beauty of the created world, as the Book of Genesis tells us and as St. Francis of Assisi showed us. It means respecting each of God’s creatures and respecting the environment in which we live."

I am Buddhist and I don’t believe in God, I see all “creatures” as sentient beings, although I found his words very inspiring and hope they might have a profound effect in changing the perspective of non-vegans regarding all animals.

Thoughts?

yea, all animals have their place in heaven, even plants, even rocks....everything can have its place.

Thoughts?

I think Pope Francis may have been lobbied by the meat marketing board to make that speech.

Catholic omnis will hear the message as "Everytime you eat meat you send an animal to heaven".

I'm sure Pope Francis meant well but it would be pure idiocy to think that such a feather-duster approach will broach the fortress like walls of omni-idiot factor.

I just worked out that in my lifetime I have said goodbye to six companion dogs ..will I have to walk them all when I get to heaven?????:eek:

Looked around, haven't found any statistics on which methods are best to convert an omnivore to a vegan.

I know the best method for stopping omni's trying to convert vegans back to omnis.

All you have to do is agree to convert on the express condition that your first omni meal will be them or (slightly more of a gamble) one of their pets.

Statisticaly that one works 100%.

If my dogs aren't in heaven, I'm not going. I've six og them waiting for me there.

Forks and Knives documentary played every year in every grade, K-12. An altered version of Clueless Git's suggestion might work in other countries although it would never make it to the "plate" here.