Literature What are you currently reading?

Next up:

Walking with Sam

if you like/liked this you may like Shirley MacLaine's book on the same topic - I read it years ago and as I already love Spain it made me really want to walk El Camino - maybe some day.... The Camino: A Journey of the Spirit

I found Walking with Sam on Libby and it is available so will read over the next few days. Thank you for the recommendation.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Love
Reactions: Raven
if you like/liked this you may like Shirley MacLaine's book on the same topic - I read it years ago and as I already love Spain it made me really want to walk El Camino - maybe some day.... The Camino: A Journey of the Spirit

I found Walking with Sam on Libby and it is available so will read over the next few days. Thank you for the recommendation.

Emma JC
I so want to walk El Camino!! I love Spain, too.

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC
I follow two vegan YouTubers who walked El Camino, wow, it looked hard! The blisters on their feet!

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I picked up something different in the new books section the last time I was at the library, Star Wars based novel called "Inquisitor: Rise of the Red Blade" by Delilah S. Dawson. I had never read a Star Wars book though I have seen most of the movies multiple times and watch the TV shows. This author has written several SW books and I will probably look for them. This was a really good book about a young Jedi who as never felt she fit in as she doesn't even know what planet she is from or even her species. There are no other people that look like her in the Jedi Temple. She has powerful skills that she feels are not being nurtured by the Jedi Masters and she has a lot of conflict within herself. It is during the Clone Wars and she finds she is quite skilled at killing. This brings her to the dark side. It's a good story and there are familiar characters such as Yoda, Mace Windu, Palpatine, and Darth Vader.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I'm not a big Star Wars fan although I have seen most of the movies.
As far as Star Wars novels go - I have hardly read any of them. Timothy Zahn, an author I really like has written a bunch of Star Wars novels. You might start with Heir To The Empire

I also have only watched the movies - not a big enough fan to read the books - just finished Walking with Sam and enjoyed it very much - now my honey wants us to go this fall... maybe next fall - I would have to get into much better shape before attempting it. They seemed to eat nothing but eggs, bacon and pizza .... doing it as a vegan could be challenging and yet very interesting. I briefly read someone's comment: be sure to take lots of nutritional yeast and powdered peanut butter.... I think I would also take dried veggies, noodles, rolled oats and split red lentils.

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15 and Raven
Well I did it again! Halfway through my current book, I realized I had read it before! I checked on Goodreads and I read it in 2022. Since I don't remember the end, I will finish it. It is a good book called "Bear Child" by Robert J. Wolfe. It is part of a series called The Alaska Mysteries. Lots of educational stuff about Alaska. I was hoping to find the first book since I read them out of order but the library doesn't have it.