Best healthy sweeteners?

not vegan, but I think Honey is at the top of the list.
I used to buy it, even after I became vegan for a variety of reasons but over time I stopped mostly because I rarely used it anyway.

not my favorite but I have a little bottle of agave syrup that I use when a recipe requires sugar.

• Angry
Reactions: silva and Emma JC
Thank you very much!

Does one have to wash (dried) dates?

How could one evaluate xylitol?

Thank you very much!

Does one have to wash (dried) dates?

How could one evaluate xylitol?
Most dates I find are fresh. I mostly buy medjool, and often make a paste of blending dates with some water.
They removed the video from nutritionfacts.org!

I haven't watched the video. What are the "only two healthy sweeteners?"

I've never had erythritol. I have maple syrup and agave on hand.
And I sometimes have dates.
I'm also heartened to see Stevia on the list.
When I quit drinking beer I started drinking soda as sort of an emotional crutch. now I drink no more than one Zevia Ginger Root Beer a day. And Zevia is sweeter with Stevia.

Most dates I find are fresh. I mostly buy medjool, and often make a paste of blending dates with some water.
I buy date paste from an oriental mart hoping it is exactly the same as whole dates. Just in a different state.

They removed the video from nutritionfacts.org!
OK. I wonder why. Many thanks for the new one.

They are, the most healthy ones, Dates and Blackstrap Melasse (with an apparently strong taste of its own, but I love licorice).

From the information I found, xylitol actually appears to be safe.

I've never had erythritol. I have maple syrup and agave on hand.
And I sometimes have dates.
When I quit drinking beer I started drinking soda as sort of an emotional crutch. now I drink no more than one Zevia Ginger Root Beer a day. And Zevia is sweeter with Stevia.
Dates and blackstrap molasses. He had a video on it on nutritionfacts.org but it has since been removed. His stance hadn't changed though.

Dates and blackstrap molasses. He had a video on it on nutritionfacts.org but it has since been removed. His stance hadn't changed though.
Oh I once bought some. blackstrap molasses for making vegan baked beans. I really didn't like the flavor that it imparted.
guess I'll go buy some more dates.

Oh I once bought some. blackstrap molasses for making vegan baked beans. I really didn't like the flavor that it imparted.
guess I'll go buy some more dates.
I actually got used to the taste--my son really likes it. I have a big jar and meant to add to my oatmeal. It's high in iron and calcium, funny,but the organic one is not, neither are fortified 🤔

I actually got used to the taste--my son really likes it. I have a big jar and meant to add to my oatmeal. It's high in iron and calcium, funny,but the organic one is not, neither are fortified 🤔
not sure if mine is still good but if so I'll try it in oatmeal. maybe I, too can get used to it.
I've been buying baked beans - in the can- the vegetarian ones. but I wouldn't mind making my own.

Some good options for healthy sweeteners are honey, maple syrup, and stevia.

ah yes, I forgot about molasses - I don't think of it as a sweeten-er I think of it as an mineral-er hehe - I do use it 3 times a week in my oatmeal and love it - it tastes bland, to me, without it

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15